August 8, 2011
- The contest begins now and ends at 11:59pm EST August 15, 2011
- TO ENTER: Visit Rock Is A Girl’s Best Friend on Facebook
- You will see there are several ways you can enter and you can get additional entries for each thing you choose to do. You can follow us, tweet about us, like us on Facebook, and more. ENTER NOW
- Winner (1) will be selected by random.org and notified via email on August 16th, 2011. Winner will have 12 hours to respond before a new winner is selected
- Your tickets will be available for pick up at Will Call at The Greek Theatre on the evening of the show. Please bring photo ID.
- Transportation and accommodations not included
About Death Cab For Cutie (for those who do not know):
Long known for their ingenious and imaginative videos, Death Cab for Cutie recently made history with the companion clip for their extraordinary new single, “You Are A Tourist.” Directed by award-winning filmmaker Tim Nackashi (TV On The Radio, OK Go, Elvis Costello, Radiohead), and conceptualized by frequent collaborator Aaron Stewart-Ahn, “You Are A Tourist” is the first-ever live, scripted, single-take music video to be broadcast as it is filmed. The clip can be viewed now at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkk5wViJo-I
The first single from “CODES AND KEYS,” “You Are A Tourist” is already ascending the airplay charts at multi-format radio outlets nationwide. The track is currently bulleting its way up the top 10 on both Billboard’s “Alternative Songs” and “Rock Songs” tallies, ranking airplay detections as measured by Nielsen BDS.
“You Are A Tourist” is available now at all DSPs, including iTunes, where fans can also purchase Death Cab For Cutie’s new album “CODES AND KEYS”.
Death Cab for Cutie is: Ben Gibbard: guitars, keyboards, vocals * Chris Walla: guitars, keyboards * Nick Harmer: bass * Jason McGerr: drums.
About The Greek Theatre:
For “official” information about The Greek Theatre, you can check out their website, but here’s my take: The Greek Theatre is one of my all-time favorite music venues. Start to finish, The Greek Theatre is an EXPERIENCE! You can get there early, picnic, and drink wine. If you don’t mind a walk, you can park on Vermont and enjoy the walk to and from the venue. If you’re reading Rock Is A Girl’s Best Friend, chances are you’re not the type to leave the show early, so you can take the easy route and commit to the stacked parking option. The venue is beautiful, outdoors, surrounded by trees. The sound is impeccable. I’ve seen some of my favorite shows at The Greek and I’m very excited to share these opportunities with you.
Well, if you haven’t already done so, ENTER TO WIN TICKETS NOW.
For more info about this show or Greek Theatre, click here.
To buy tickets to this or any other show at The Greek Theatre, click here.
If you have questions or comments, please leave them for me below.